Wake County schools opening 11 more food distribution sites
Officials in Wake County said Friday they are opening 11 new sites where food will be handed out for students who are currently not in school.
Previously, Wake County Public School System had 16 sites throughout the county. Now, there will be 27.
School officials said there were 4,899 meals served Tuesday, 6,336 on Wednesday and 7,137 on Thursday.
All food distribution sites are open Monday-Friday, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Food distribution will include hot lunches for the day and breakfast for the next day.
The new sites that will open Monday are:
- Athens Drive High, 1420 Athens Drive, Raleigh
- Baileywick Elementary, 9425 Baileywick Rd, Raleigh
- Bugg Elementary, 825 Cooper Rd, Raleigh
- Dillard Drive Elementary, 5018 Dillard Dr, Raleigh
- Forestville Elementary, 100 Lawson Ridge Rd, Knightdale
- Fox Road Elementary, 7101 Fox Rd, Raleigh
- Fuller Elementary, 806 Calloway Dr, Raleigh
- Hodge Road Elementary, 2128 Mingo Bluff Blvd, Knightdale
- Hunter Elementary, 1018 E Davie St, Raleigh
- Knightdale Elementary, 109 Ridge Street, Knightdale
- Reedy Creek Elementary, 930 Reedy Creek Rd, Cary